June 3 & 10 - (Mon, Tues & Thurs or Mon, Wed & Fri Evenings with Open water certification dives the weekend of June 22 & 23
Summer Classes: July 15 or August 12 - (Mon-Thurs Evening + Sat & Sun Open water certification dives)
September Class Sept 6: (Fri evening + Sat & Sun Afternoon.....following Sat/Sun Open water certification dives)
Congratulations ...You have come to the right place to lean to Scuba Dive!
Dive Source Scuba is Durham Regions Largest Scuba School and full service dive shop. Along with offering complete sales and service of Scuba and snorkeling gear, we are proud to have been awarded PADI 5 Star status, which assures you of our credentials.
Our scuba class use the PADI training system which is the most recognized & respected scuba training agency in the world. You will never have any problems with your certification being recognized wherever you go.
Frequently Asked Questions about the course:
Who can take a scuba course?:
- People who like to have Fun! After that you just need to be able to be an average swimmer, in good general health and over 12 years of age.
After I sign up, how does the course flow?
Knowledge Development: You start by completing online eLearning for the theory which you can do anywhere you have internet access and anytime you have a bit of free time (eLearning takes approx 10 hours total time)
Classroom and Pool training: After an orientation classroom session, you learn the practical skills of scuba diving in the pool with our instructors. (8-9 hours)
GO DIVING in Open water!: The final step is more of a reward than a test and is called the open water. Here you complete four fun dives over two days with our instructors at a local dive spot or you can optionally do it as by referral while on southern holiday. - COST FOR OPEN WATER with Dive Source is an additional $99 and includes gear rental/supervision.
- About OW Referrals: Doing your open water dives on holiday is very popular during the colder months and we will prepare and provide you with the documentation you need to take with you for Free.
- The price for this varies by location and is charged to you by that local business at a rate they wish and has nothing to do with Dive Source. Also note: Cuba is not recognized for PADI training so referrals are difficult here.
What does the $399 course cost include?
- PADI eLearning (online course)
- All Pool & classroom Training with a PADI instructor
- Free Scuba rental gear use and air fills for your pool training
- PADI eLearning Enhancement Pack: Dive tables, Log book, course folder and carry pouch. ($60 value)
- Free Membership in the Durham Divers Scuba Club ($50 value)where you can meet new friends and dive buddies and attend organized dives.
- Student only discount coupons
- Memories to last a lifetime...
Do I need to buy or pay for anything else?
- Open water testing fee of $99 - This includes supervision by a PADI instructor during the 2 day open water, use all rental gear, air fills and certification fee (Reg. price for this is $250 for non Dive Source students)
- We recommend you have your own quality mask, fins and snorkel. If you don't already, then Dive Source has a large selection and will take the time to custom fit you, PLUS give you a 20 percent student discount on them!
- If you don't have the budget for snorkeling gear right now, we do have rentals available for only $20
What can I do after I am certified?
- Your PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Certification card is valid for life, is recognized worldwide and allows you to dive to depths up to 60 ft. during the day.
- The fun does not stop here...We have organized dives planned throughout the year that you can participate in with either the shop or the Durham Divers, who you are now a part of and have activities year round.
- You will also have opened up a whole world of opportunities to explore and expand your knowledge of the underwater world with other courses as you continue your journey.
How do I register?
- You can actually register right now for eLearning if you like and get started, then email us or call the shop to pick an upcoming class to complete the rest. You will be billed $138 to your credit card by PADI and the remaining fee when you come in will be reduced to $261.99
- Alternatively, come into the shop and we will take care of everything for you.
Why Choose Dive Source?
- In a nutshell we are really good at it !... Our program is one of the best in Canada and we have been doing it for nearly 20 years. Our course fees are clear and up front with no hidden fees or surprises and our staff are highly experienced and some of the best in the industry. (Click here for customer testimonials)
- Plus along with that experience our staff are using the best training system in the world...the PADI system.
We hope this gives you a good overview of what is involved and that you will want to jump into one of our programs. Our courses do fill quickly, so please call or come into the store to register as soon as possible and reserve your space to avoid disappointment.
The Dive Source Team
905-438-8566 or 1-877-333-3483
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
*For those of you who might have heard of other training agencies like NAUI, TDI SDI, SSI,ACUC, NASDS, PDIC, BSAC, GUE etc. We are very familiar with them as well and several of our instructors are also cross certified with them however we primarily offer PADI courses to avoid complications for our clients and to provide the best and most recognized training system in the world..which is PADI