The PADI Open Water Diver Course....with..... DIVE SOURCE
COVID UPDATE: We are open for business and our Open water courses ran succesfully and safely all summer, following all safety guidelines. We will resume teaching our Open water diver course this November or early 2022 with the final Open water certification dives dates taking place in spring 2022 (or you can also do them on holiday as a referral)
When scheduled, upcoming course dates can be found at the bottom of this page.
THIS IS THE COURSE TO START WITH TO BECOME A CERTIFIED DIVER!
If you've always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts... With Dive Source and the PADI Open Water Diver course, which is the world's most popular scuba course and allows you to dive anywhere in the world the rest of your life!
Learning to Scuba Dive with us is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Sign up for a course at Dive Source - You then complete the dive theory portion online, at your own pace, using interactive PADI eLearning. This takes 10-12 hours to complete and must be done before the course start date.
- Arrive for your Course - Which is a combination of classroom review of your eLearning and in water pool training using scuba gear and learning the physical skills of diving with your instructors.
- Go diving on your Open Water Certification Dives*... To finish your PADI Open Water Diver Certification and get your C-Card, you need to complete four certification dives in open water (Lake, River Ocean...), which are more of a reward than a test, as you are actually going scuba diving!
(*Note: During our winter courses these open water dives take place in the spring on a single weekend of your choice which is either late May and early June or you may take a referral letter and complete them at any PADI resort worldwide, while on holiday)
COURSE PRICE of $699 INCLUDES:
- Online Padi eLearning.
- Supervised training by a PADI ProfessionalScuba instructor
- Classroom review, free tutoring and all in water training, including your 4 open water certification dives with Dive Source (If you do these on referral, the resort you go to has their own fee for this service).
- Use of all scuba gear including a wetsuit as needed during your course
- ALL Course materials: PADI eLearning crewpack w/ Dive Tables, logbook and course folder PLUS - Dive Source also includes for you a Safety tube & whistle as well as a dive planning slate w/underwater pencil.. all of which are yours to keep.
- Free Dive Club Membership in our Dive Zone club
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER CERTIFICATION CARD when finished your Open water
Winter Courses run as follows:
- You sign up for the course here at the store where you complete some paperwork, get sized for rental scuba gear and are enrolled in PADI eLearning which you will complete at home before the course starts. (if you purchase the course online we still need you to come by the shop)
- The First Class is a classroom review class prior to your first pool session - We all get to know each other at this time and do some review of your eLearning and you also pick up your rental scuba gear and learn how to put it together and transport it safely to and from the pool.
- Pool Sessions - Your in water training starts at the pool and you take your first breaths underwater with your instructor and fellow classmates.
- After all the pool sessions are complete - You are ready to complete your four open water certification dives over the span of one weekend with us next spring, or you can also take a referral letter and complete these on holiday.
- After your open water dives are complete... You are a certified PADI Open water diver.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course, you must be 12 years or older, in good overall health, able to swim comfortably and a desire to have fun.
The Scuba Gear You Use
Dive Source provides top quality scuba equipment for you to use during the course at no charge and the only thing you need to have of your own is " Scuba Quality" snorkelling gear, which you will use whenever or wherever you dive for years to come.
We offer 20% off your snorkel gear to you as our student. We will work within your budget and also professionally fit you and give you a 100% satisfaction gaurentee on that these important items.
(FYI - Box store prepackaged snorkeling sets are not suitable for scuba diving)
Your Next Adventure
After completing the Open Water Diver Course, you can come diving with us and meet other local divers through our Dive club called "Dive Zone" as you get a free membership with the course. We also do dive trips to locations around the world.
You can also expand your knowledge by taking additional training like the next level of certification called the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, which expands on what you learned as an Open Water Diver, and it allows you to dive deeper and begin to learn other specialties.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE SOURCE Team members.
We hope this gives you a good overview of what is involved in our program. The best way to sign up is to come into the store to book your space or you may also enroll by purchasing the course here online (see below). However you must still come in to the store within 2 days to complete paperwork etc.)
*For those of you who might have heard of other training agencies like NAUI, TDI, SDI, SSI, ACUC, NASDS, PDIC, BSAC, GUE etc. We are very familiar with them as well and several of our instructors are also certified with them as well. However, we primarily offer PADI courses to our clients as they have the best and most recognized training system in the world and you will never have a problem with your PADI certification being recognized.
No Courses Found