WELCOME to SCUBA DIVING!
Dive Source is located in Oshawa and is Durhams's only PADI 5 Star IDC Scuba Facility.
Learning to Scuba Dive is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Sign up for the course here at Dive Source - Then go home and complete the dive theory portion online, at your own pace, using interactive PADI eLearning.
- Arrive for the Course - Which runs 4-5 sessions in a combination of classroom and pool...
- Go diving on your Open Water Certification Dives... To finish your PADI Open Water Diver Certification you need to complete four certification dives in open water (Lake, River Ocean...), which are more of a reward than a test, as you are actually going scuba diving! We do ours in nearby Marmora, Ontario (no overnight accomodation needed).
> > Note: We bill these open water dives seperately as you have the option of doing your open water dives elsewhere... Like on a holiday down south, within one year of your course. This is called taking a Referral and we provide all documentation at NO CHARGE...or better yet, do them with us for only $125 for a weeknd of diving fun.
Congratulations.. At this point you will be certified for life as a PADI OPEN WATER DIVER and your certification is good anywhere in the world.
$499 COURSE PRICE INCLUDES: Padi eLearning($200) + Classroom/Pool training & pool scuba gear rental ($199) + PADI eLearning crewpack ($100)
WINTER COURSE DATES
Our group courses have a maximum of 8 students with 2-3 instructors and run over one weekend and a couple weeknights.
Your final open water certification dives are done with us in the May & June of 2019 or you may take a refferral letter and complete them while on holiday over the winter, anywhere in the world at any PADI resort or dive center.
WINTER GROUP COURSE START DATES: Jan. 8, Feb. 5, March 5, April 2, April 30
Class Schedule (group course):
- Tuesday evening Classroom - 7-9pm
- Thursday evening Pool session - 7 to 9:30pm)
- Saturday All day - Classroom ~ 9:00 am-11:30am then pool from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Sunday All day - Classroom final review/quiz ~ 9:00 am-11:30am then Pool 1:00 - 4:00pm
SEMI PRIVATE WINTER COURSE DATES: Feb 23/24 & March 23/24 - We are also offering our program in a semi private - "Weekend Course" this winter. These classes are very one on one, which requires less class and pool time as each per buddy pair has their own instructor. Because of this they are slightly higher in Price at $599
Semi Private COurse - Class Schedule :
- Saturday All day - Classroom ~ 1:00pm - 4pm then pool from 6:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Sunday All day - Classroom ~ 1:00pm - 4pm then pool from 6:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Open Water Certification Dives - Dive Source Student price $125 (reg. price $250): Our Open water certification Dives for winter courses take place in the spring of 2019, while Summer and Fall classes have the open water scheduled with them, immediately following the classroom/pool sessions. The Price includes 2 days of supervised diving, all rental equipment needed, Certification card and airfills.
- Snorkelling Gear: Its really best to own your own quality snorkel gear and we offer 20% off our reg. prices here at the shop for our students. If you are on a budget, we advise you still purchase your own mask and snorkel and we can provide rental fins
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's):
How do I sign up? - The best way is to come into the shop and register, however we can also take your information and payment over the phone to get things started and hold you a space.
What are the course Prerequisites? - Be an average swimmer, over 12 years of age and in good general health.(If you have any medical issues you will need to see your doctor and be signed off)
Why Choose Dive Source?
- In a nutshell we are really good at it ! ... Our program is one of the best in Canada and we have been doing it for over 20 years. Our staff are highly experienced professionals who have dove around the world. (Click here for customer testimonials)
- Along with great training quality, we also offer student only gear discounts, exotic dive trips and each student also gets a free membership in the Dive Source - Dive Zone, which offers fun local dives, travel, rental discounts and seminars to get you the experiance you need and to have lots of fun!
- We don't have prices or courses that are too good to be true...What you see is what you get... No games like $99 scuba classes, "Learn to dive in a weekend gaurenteed", 2 for 1 "buddy deals", suprise fees or other tactics that cost you much more in the end or rush your training.
We hope this gives you a good overview of what is involved and that you will want to jump into one of our programs. Our courses do fill quickly, so please call or come into the store to reserve your space.
CONTACT US: 905-438-8566 or 1-877-333-3483 or email - email@example.com
*For those of you who might have heard of other training agencies like NAUI, TDI, SDI, SSI, ACUC, NASDS, PDIC, BSAC, GUE etc. We are very familiar with them as well and several of our instructors are also certified with them as well. However we primarily offer PADI courses to our clients as they have the best and most recognized training system in the world.